Employer: Bridgwater Veterinary Hospital & Wellness Center
Position: Associate Veterinarian
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Employment Address: 100-350 North Town Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3Y 0Y4
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
- Eligible for discretionary salary increases;
- Eligible for accommodation expenses, transportation costs, and relocation expenses;
- Paid vacation/sick leave, Continuing Education (CE) allowance, retention bonus, VIN membership, annual licenses paid;
- Dental Benefits, Disability Insurance, Extended Medical insurance;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Vision Care;
- Generous pet policy;
- Access to network of over 700 veterinarians
- Malpractice insurance
- Signing bonus
Salary: $87,000 – $97,000
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – Please include “Bridgwater Veterinary Hospital & Wellness Center” in the email subject line.
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition and weight management programs.
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- Provincial Licensing in Manitoba is required or ability to obtain
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work overnights, evenings and weekends