Creston Veterinary Hospital is looking for additional Veterinarians to join our growing team. We are an Emergency Mixed Animal practice that has been serving Creston and additional surrounding rural communities for 47 years. Our facility is fully equipped with an in-house laboratory and pharmacy, digital radiology (including a dental and portable unit), medical grade laser, ultrasound (in house and portable) as well as a full array of large and small animal surgical equipment. We acknowledge the value of a work/life balance and ensure that the workload is shared fairly and evenly among team members by maintain a rotating on-call/emergency schedule. Our team is committed to a positive environment with a strong focus on learning and career growth thus, we offer exceptional mentorship and encourage new grads to apply!
Creston Veterinary Hospital was established in 1973 by the late Dr. David Perrin, the author of the “Don’t Turn Your Back in The Barn, Adventures of a Country Vet” book series. In 1996 Dr. Robert McLeod and John Wallis purchased the vet clinic and carried on Dr. Dave Perrins legacy by committing to a high standard in ethical and compassionate medicine. We are proud to say some of our employees have been with the clinic since the beginning and that the relationships formed at Creston Veterinary Hospital make our team more like family. By being a team who prioritizes a positive work environment, we are enduring the Covid-19 pandemic, while continually supporting one another to work towards our goals.
We encourage growth and challenge you to practice your technical and surgical skills so that you are successful in your career and meet your professional goals through continuing education and mentorship. We are grateful to have a team of employees that strive for high standard of care, are progressive, and set team and personal goals. Being an emergency facility means we might not know what each day will bring through our doors, but we are confident that our highly trained team can tackle anything. We assure you that you will never be bored!
- Graduated from an AVMA Accredited Veterinary School, or equivalent
- Licensed to practice Veterinary Medicine in BC
- A passion for veterinary medicine and a drive to grow in your career
- Excellent interpersonal skills that builds loyalty and trust with our clients and colleagues
- Dedicated to working as a team to provide quality Veterinary Medicine
- Competitive salary
- Signing and loyalty bonus’s
- Moving allowance
- Generous CE allowance for career development
- Medical and dental coverage
- Health and wellness stipend
- Staff discounts
- Membership dues
- A uniform allowance
- BCAA coverage
- Most importantly! A mentorship platform where we encourage networking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with our team of Veterinarians to help you achieve your goals!
Tell us how we can help you reach your true potential! To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to our Recruitment Director, Carrie Woodall at firstname.lastname@example.org.