Relocation PAID! Signing Bonus $$$$$ and ER Hospital Appreciation Annual Bonus!
Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Nanaimo, BC is looking for an experienced full-time veterinarian for our busy 24-hour emergency hospital serving mid and north Vancouver Island. As part of our mission to support and empower our veterinary teams, we have launched an ER Appreciation Program to better address the unique pressures faced by ER hospital team members – you can be a part of it! Please enquire to learn more about our annual bonuses, additional “you-deserve-it days” and other perks that you can enjoy both individually and with the rest of the team! We offer a flexible work schedule with shifts that include days, nights, and weekends allowing for plenty of time off to enjoy our beautiful city by the coast and mountains. Don’t have experience in ER? We can provide training and support. With a veterinarian on shift at all times, there is no on-call so your time off is your own. Our spacious and modern hospital has emergency and surgical facilities, advanced dental equipment, ultrasound, endoscope, digital x-ray and in-house lab. This is a perfect opportunity to work in a challenging yet supportive environment with friendly and skilled support staff.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Provincial DVM licensing, or eligibility to be licensed
- Passion for what you do every day
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Excellent communication skills, both when dealing with clients and team members
WHAT WE OFFER
To reward you with your choice in careers, when joining CIVEH, you will be eligible to participate in the ER Hospital Appreciation Program.
- ER Perks
- Signing Bonus
- Competitive compensation plus bonus potential
- Opportunity to learn hands-on from our hospital’s experienced staff
- Access to our network of over 750 DVMs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Professional liability coverage
- Association dues and VIN membership
- Outstanding medical and pet supply discounts
- Fairness, respect in the workplace
- Opportunity for personal, professional and financial growth
- Generous annual ER hospital bonus
- Double the CE allowance
- Additional “you-deserve-it days” off
- Wellness support
- Monthly prizes
- Energizing staff room
HOW WE KEEP OUR TEAM AND CLIENTS SAFE
We take everyone’s safety very seriously. We have added safety measures so that our hospital can continue to provide essential services to animals in our region. We have implemented more intensive sanitation practices, a “closed waiting room” policy, telemedicine platforms, online ordering, and other guidelines for physical distancing.
Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we place a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
VetStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Do not miss out on this unique opportunity to join a fun and dynamic team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00-$165,000.00 per year
Additional pay: Bonus pay
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Experience: GP Veterinarian: 1 year (preferred)
Go to civeh.com to apply.