For successful application to practice veterinary medicine in Manitoba, you must be a graduate of a program accredited by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and/or the American Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA/AVMA).
If you are renewing please fill out the Registration Application form, link is below. All new members must complete all the listed requirements below.
1. Complete and sign the Registration Application form.
2. Provide a photocopy of your program degree/diploma.
3. Provide a copy of your VTNE results.
4. The MVMA Registrar will require a letter from the Registrar of the appropriate membership or licensing authority in any jurisdiction where you have worked previously as a Veterinary Technologist or equivalent. They will verify your standing in the former jurisdiction.
5. Provide a photocopy of your MVTA membership card. Membership in the MVTA is mandatory in Manitoba. Click here to access the Manitoba Veterinary Technologists' Association.
6. Ensure payment is made to the Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association.
It typically takes the MVMA two weeks to process a membership application.
Currently there is no process available for the MVMA to register Veterinary Technologists who graduated from a Veterinary Technologist program that is not accredited by the CVMA/AVMA.