The Office of Manitoba’s Chief Veterinarian is seeking an experienced Operations Veterinarian to coordinate the One Health disease management programs, primarily rabies, within the province of Manitoba.
The Operations Veterinarian – One Health – Rabies is responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the disease management programs as assigned such as those identified by the Manitoba One Health Steering Committee. Duties include supervising sample collectors such as contract service providers and assigned provincial government staff, as well as communicating with human health professionals, conducting risk assessments, coordinating case management and participating in disease surveillance and control activities. As a team member, job responsibilities will include supporting veterinary public health, animal health, animal welfare, and emergency preparedness.
- The operations veterinarian should have experience in veterinary medicine with infectious disease, epidemiology, regulatory veterinary medicine, and/or public health.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills including the ability to develop incident reports, correspondence, and training presentations/programs for a variety of audiences.
- The operations veterinarian should be able to manage field staff for collection of samples during disease outbreaks.
- The incumbent should have experience practicing veterinary medicine with animal welfare and/or regulatory enforcement.
- We welcome candidates with training in disease control/epidemiology, public health, or animal welfare.
For information regarding this position or to apply go to https://jobsearch.gov.mb.ca/generateBulletin.action?ID=73587 or contact Dr. Dale Douma (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Advertisement # 37753. Deadline for application is July 26, 2021