For all production animal veterinarians looking to evolve into a new role outside of private practice! Are you interested in supporting veterinarians and the agricultural community to solve important production animal health problems by providing access to the most up to date veterinary knowledge? Are you a good teacher, clinician, and eager to stay recent with the continually evolving field of regulatory and production medicine?
The Office of Manitoba’s Chief Veterinarian are seeking an experienced and energetic production animal veterinarian to create, develop and deliver Animal Health and Welfare outreach activities throughout the Province.
The Provincial Extension Veterinarian will be responsible for leading the creation and delivery of a suite of extension resources that includes up to date advice, continuing education opportunities and guidance to veterinarians, producers, and stakeholders.
- The extension veterinarian should be progressive and be willing to utilise technology and multi-media tools to assist in designing and creating new resources that deliver knowledge in unique ways to a wide audience.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills including excellent public speaking capabilities and be self directed to host regular online webinars, face to face workshops, and a variety of CE opportunities.
- To support a partnership approach in extension delivery, the incumbent should have exceptional professional skills that harness healthy, long lasting working relationships with the veterinary community and colleges, industry partners, livestock specialists and commodity groups.
- The incumbent should maintain a high level of knowledge in livestock and animal health disciplines and have recent experience as practicing farm animal veterinarian.
- We welcome candidates with advanced training/board certification in production animal health from a CVMA accredited institute.
- Finally the provincial extension veterinarian should be able to attend work related meetings in Winnipeg/Brandon and be available to regularly travel throughout the Province to deliver outreach activities.
For information contact Dr. Scott Zaari (email@example.com) and apply at https://jobsearch.gov.mb.ca/generateBulletin.action?ID=62283&source=Eluta
Advertisement # 36395. Deadline for application is October 1, 2020