Located at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, VIDO-InterVac is a global leader in vaccine research for both human and animal diseases. VIDO-InterVac offers access to some of the world’s most advanced infrastructure including one the largest high containment facilities (CL3Ag) capable of housing multiple animal species.
VIDO-InterVac is seeking a Clinical Veterinarian for the clinical research group. The group is responsible for the care of all animals used in experimental research in both containment level 2 and 3. The group works closely with scientists to help understand infectious diseases and to develop effective strategies for improving human and animal health.
- Supervises research trials and ensures all treatments, clinical monitoring and sampling procedures are correctly performed. Accurately documents results from start to finish of trials.
- Works with Animal Care Technicians and ensures day-to-day performance and development at established standards.
- Plans research trials with Animal Care Technicians to meet research goals and timelines.
- Helps to develop novel animal models in consultation with scientists to support their specific research requirements.
- Collects tissue samples for laboratory analyses.
- Assesses gross pathology.
- Ensures bio-security processes and protocols are consistently applied in the animal care area.
- Assists Scientists in writing Animal Use Protocols and Standard Operating Procedures for submission to the University Animal Care Committee (UACC) for approval.
- Provides budget estimates for animal trials.
- DVM degree with knowledge encompassing multiple species.
- Must have surgical and clinical skills.
- Must be eligible for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in Saskatchewan.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Pathology training would be an asset, as would competency in ultrasound use and interpretation.
How to Apply: Visit www.vido.org/careers/current-opportunities to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.