Employer: Tuxedo Animal Hospital
Position: Associate Veterinarian
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Employment Address: 2025 Corydon Avenue (Unit 192) Winnipeg, MB R3P 0N5
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Vacation, Continuing Education (CE), CE allowance, VIN membership, Association dues paid, etc Eligible for Medical, vision and dental insurance.
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition and weight management programs.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- A provincial license is required to practice in BC or ability to obtain one
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
- Additional skills needed:
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships