For successful application to practice veterinary medicine in Manitoba, you must be a graduate of a program accredited by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and/or the American Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA/AVMA).
If you are renewing please fill out the Registration Application form, link is below. All new members must complete all the listed requirements below.
- Complete and sign the Registration Application form.
- Provide a photocopy of your program degree/diploma.
- Provide a copy of your VTNE results.
- The MVMA Registrar will require a letter from the Registrar of the appropriate membership or licensing authority in any jurisdiction where you have worked previously as a Veterinary Technologist or equivalent. They will verify your standing in the former jurisdiction.
- Provide a photocopy of your MVTA membership card. Membership in the MVTA is mandatory in Manitoba.
- Ensure payment is made to the Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association.
It typically takes the MVMA two weeks to process a membership application.
Currently there is no process available for the MVMA to register Veterinary Technologists who graduated from a Veterinary Technologist program that is not accredited by the CVMA/AVMA.