You may be eligible for MVMA membership as a Veterinary Technologist if you:
- Have graduated from a program accredited by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and/or the American Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA/AVMA).
To apply for MVMA membership as a veterinary technologist you must:
- Complete and submit the Registration Application Form
- Please note that a signature is required in Box T.
- Submit all accompanying documents including:
- A copy of your Diploma
- A copy of your Government-issued photo identification (passport, driver’s license)
- Proof of entitlement to work in Canada (Canadian Passport/Canadian Citizenship Card/Canadian Permanent Resident Card/Canadian Work Permit/Canadian Birth Certificate)
- If applicable, you must have your VTNE results sent directly from the AAVSB
- If applicable, Letter(s) of Standing sent directly from the issuing jurisdiction(s)
- Pay your membership dues upon receipt of invoice
It typically takes the MVMA two weeks to process a membership application.
Information for those that have graduated from an educational institution that is not accredited by the CVMA or AVMA
Veterinary Technologists who graduated from a Veterinary Technologist program that is not accredited by the CVMA/AVMA may obtain registration with the MVMA if they obtain a PAVE for Veterinary Technicians Certificate of Completion. For more information about the PAVE for Veterinary Technicians pathway, please click here.
For information about labour mobility applicants, please click here.