Please log into your account at mvma.alinityapp.com with your email address and your newly created password from the step above.
Please note that you may be required to validate your account. This is common online security measure. A validation code will be sent directly to your email within 5 minutes, and you will be required to provide this code on the login screen. (See Picture A to the right)
Once logged in, please proceed to complete the online Renewal.
Step A. Click on the renewal tab for the type of membership that you want for the 2023/2024 practice year. (See Picture B to the right)
You will note that you can obtain membership for:
- General Veterinarian Member- General Veterinarian Members are permitted to engage in the practice of veterinary medicine within the meaning of the Act and MVMA By-laws.
- Public Veterinarian Member– Public Veterinarian Members are permitted to engage in the practice of veterinary medicine within the meaning of the Act and MVMA By-laws solely under the employment of the federal or provincial government.
- Non-Practicing/Retired Member- Non-Practicing / Retired Veterinarian Members are NOT permitted to engage in the practice of veterinary medicine within the meaning of the Act and MVMA By-laws. These members are still eligible to receive member communications and benefits and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- Lapsed Member-Lapsed persons are NOT permitted to engage in the practice of veterinary medicine within the meaning of the Act and MVMA By-laws and are no longer members of the MVMA.
Step B- Complete the Renewal Forms
The forms are listed across the top of the page and consist of different steps depending on what type of renewal you complete.
For those that renew in a practicing category (General Veterinarian Member and Public Veterinarian Member), please note that you will need to have the following information:
- Professional Liability Insurance information, including the:
- Policy Name
- Policy Number
- Expiration date
If you obtain Professional Liability Insurance through your employer, please ensure you obtain this information from your employer prior to renewing.
2. Information about other Canadian jurisdictions where you have held a licence since January 1, 2023, including your licence/membership number and expiry date.
If you notice any information on your profile (that you are not able to edit) that is not correct, please contact the MVMA office:
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Please put “Renewal” in the subject line as these will be prioritized
- Via telephone: 204-832-1276 ext 4
Tips and Tricks
When updating information, you will notice that many times you need to “add” updated information. If you ultimately decide you do not need to provide updated information, or you click this field in error, please note that you must click on the “trash can” icon to clear the information. You will not be able to proceed if you leave this information incomplete. (See Picture C)
If you are required to provide your date of birth, you need to click on the date on the calendar function.